Walmart LA – Community Investing
Walmart wants to bring more affordable, fresh groceries to the Los Angeles area. If built, a new store would bring:
- New Walmart stores will provide affordable and fresh food in
neighborhoods that are desperately lacking grocery stores.
- Walmart’s property and sales tax revenue help support basic
community services like police and fire departments, schools and
vitally needed funding for local charities.
- New Walmart stores would create thousands of good jobs that
offer competitive pay, benefits and the opportunity to advance.
- More than 70% of Walmart’s U.S. store management team started
as hourly associates.
- As of November 2010, the average wage for regular, full-time
hourly associates in California is $12.28 per hour.
- Our $4 prescription drug program has saved customers more
than $2 billion since it began in 2006.
- An independent certified study found that our company saves the
average American household $2,800 per year – whether they shop
at Walmart or not, based on Walmart’s impact on the economy.